YOUR PRIVACY: We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. This policy explains what data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take to keep your data secure and the uses and disclosures we make of it. We also explain the options you have regarding your personal data. When you request services from us, access our websites or otherwise interact with us, for example, but without limitation, through our official corporate pages on social networks (such as Facebook) or the linkedIn on those pages, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section. You can quickly review the key topics by reading the following overview or you may continue to scroll down to read more about an issue or to read the full policy.
|Who We Are: We are Fiandad Ghana Limited (Car Rentals and Tours). This policy does not cover our licensees or affiliates or other third parties through whom you may interact with us.
Legal Issues: We aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the personal data we collect and use.
Changes: We may change this policy from time to time.
|What We Collect: We collect the personal data we need to provide the services you request from us, for our operational uses and disclosures (see below) or for such other purposes as you authorize.
Sources: We mostly collect your data directly from you, through various channels, and from companies involved in our provision of services to you, including our licensees.
Storage: We generally retain personal data about our customers for as long as we believe appropriate for the purposes for which it was collected.
Security: We aim to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data.
Access and Correction: You may access and review the personal data we retain about you and correct any factual errors.
Uses and Disclosures
Operational Uses: By providing your personal data to us, you consent to our use and disclosure of your data for the operational purposes listed in this policy.
Marketing Uses: We would like to use your personal data for our marketing purposes. We may also want to share your data with our business partners for their marketing purposes. You can choose to restrict or “opt out” of these uses by following the instructions in this policy.
CONTACT US: We hope this policy answers your questions about our collection, use and disclosure of your personal data. If it does not, or if you have any questions, please contact us by following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal data we hold about you. This policy explains what data we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take in our efforts to keep your data secure and the uses and disclosures we make of it. We also explain the options you have in relation to your personal data.
When you request services from us, operate a vehicle or equipment with in-vehicle or in-equipment technology, access our websites, utilize our social net works or otherwise interact with us, for example, but without limitation, through our sites, our official corporate pages on social networks (such as Facebook) or LinkedIn on those pages, you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal data in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section.
This policy covers the personal data we collect about you in connection with our vehicle, tours and equipment rental business which identifies you as an individual. It does not apply to data that does not personally identify you as an individual, for example, but without limitation, aggregated anonymous data, IP addresses, computer operating systems, personal preferences, vehicle identification numbers, etc. We are free to use data that does not identify you as an individual as we wish. This policy does not apply to data collected by third party social networks (such as Facebook), mobile device manufacturers, third party “mobile apps”, wireless service providers, internet service providers or the operators of any networks through which you may interact with us and we expressly disclaim any responsibility for the data collection, privacy or data security practices of those entities. With regard to pages on third party social networks, this policy only applies to personal data we collect through our pages (those with a direct link to this policy) and does not apply to any “unofficial” pages or pages of our affiliates or licensees. Our websites are not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly obtain personal data from such individuals.
Who We Are
We are Fiandad Ghana Limited, a company incorporated in Ghana, which provides and supports vehicle, site-seeing tours, and equipment rental services in Ghana and other neighbouring countries. All references in this policy to “we”, “us” and “our” are to us. Our businesses generally operate under a Transportation and Touring. We also operate equipment rental businesses and, to a lesser extent, vehicle and equipment sales.
We do business in Ghana and aim to comply with the privacy laws applicable to the personal data we collect and use.
We may change this policy from time to time. If we do so, the amended policy will take effect when we post it on the applicable website(s), Facebook” or social network page(s). Whenever we make a change, we will amend the “last updated” notice under the “Scope” heading in the “Overview” section above.
If any change makes the policy less protective of your personal data, such change will not apply to data we collected about you before the change was made. The only exception to this is, unless legally prohibited, where we have provided you with notice about the changes and given you the opportunity to tell us not to apply them to your personal data.
We collect a range of data about you from a variety of sources for the purposes of our business. The examples we provide here are illustrative rather than a complete list of our practices.
What We Collect
We collect the personal data and the non-personal data we need to process your reservation requests and to provide the services you request from us and for our operational uses in connection with such services, which may include:
- Name, address and contact details, including telephone and mobile number, and email address;
- Date and place of birth, passport number and driver’s license number and, upon our request, a copy of your driver’s license;
- Your gender and photo;
- Employer(s) name, address and phone number;
- Credit card information;
- Location data such as geographic location of electronic devices used to contact us or to access our Web site” or of the vehicle or equipment you have rented;
- Information regarding the vehicle or equipment rented and its operation during your rental;
- Rental charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions;
- Itinerary information, including airline and/or flight information; and
We collect personal data directly from you in connection with a reservation (even an abandoned or interrupted reservation), a rental of a vehicle or equipment, or your membership in any of our membership programs, including information you provide:
- When you call our reservation, customer service;
- On our websites;
- Through our Face book and LinkedIn pages ;
- Through your computer’s web browser;
- At rental locations;
- Through our in-vehicle or in-equipment technology or through other telematic devices; and
- When you join Fiandad membership programs, such as Fiandad Gold Plus Rewards.
We also gather personal data about you from a variety of other sources, which may include:
- Reservations you make with us through licensees, travel agents or brokers;
- Transactions you complete with us and our licensees, including options you take, charges you incur and any incidents or accidents that may occur;
- Fiandad 24/7 Promotion Codes or affiliations (as described below), sponsors of promotion codes and sponsors of special discount codes;
- To the extent you have made such information available, from third party social networks;
- Consumer reporting agencies; and
- Other companies that have business relationships with us, such as our licensees, affiliates and business partners, including airlines, hotels and insurance companies.
Certain technologies are used on our websites and on mobile devices to collect data about your visit or usage, as follows:
A “cookie” is a set of data sent to your computer or mobile device by a web server that enables the server to recognize your computer or mobile device.
Cookies help improve the quality of your visits to websites, for example, but not limitation, by making the reservation process faster and smoother. The information the cookies provide helps in the development of content and features that may be of interest to you.
- Track your use of our websites during a single visit, remember the data you provide and the choices you make as you progress from page to page (“session cookies”); and
- Recognize you at your next visit (“persistent cookies”).
Third party cookies may also be used on our websites for the purpose of:
- Such third parties providing goods or services to you (for example, but without limitation, an insurance carrier paying or reimbursing you for a vehicle or equipment in connection with insurance replacement rentals);
- Performing services on our behalf;
- Facilitating business transactions with or through such third parties; or
- Providing advertisements to you.
More about cookies…
- If you restrict our use ofsession cookiesyou will not be able to use our websites or certain features of our e-mail messages. You should be aware that session cookies are generally deleted or made unavailable to us as soon as you close your browser.
- If you restrict our use ofpersistent cookiesyou may still enjoy the full workings of our websites and e-mail messages but will need to re-enter some data when starting a new website session. Although persistent cookies will neither automatically be erased nor made unavailable to us upon closing your browser, they will typically “expire” after a number of years.
If you are still unsure about cookies, please note that our cookies are unable to retrieve other data from your computer’s hard drive or pass on computer viruses.